“That Rule Doesn’t Apply to Me” is a story book about a boy who does not understand why we should follow rules, and then later on, changes his perception on why rules need to be followed.
Book Title: That Rule Doesn’t Apply to Me
Author/Illustrator: Julia Cook/Anita DuFalla
Central Topic/Theme: following rules
Noodle doesn’t like to follow rules. Because of that, he usually gets into trouble. Until one day, he realized the importance of following rules.
Questions to ask
- Why does Noodle do not like to follow rules?
- Do you have rules at home/school? What are those?
- Is it important to follow those rules? Why?
- Write at least three rules to follow in class/at home.
- Interview a friend or a person of rules they follow at home.
- Write a sentence or a short paragraph of why it is important to follow rules.