“The Birthday Book” is a book about the activities that one can do during his/her birthday.
Book Title: The Birthday Book
Author: Todd Parr
Central Topic/Theme: birthday
What do you do during your birthday? This book shows the wonderful ways of celebrating birthdays.
Questions to ask
- What is the book all about?
- When is your birthday?
- What do you do when it is your birthday?
- What present would you like to receive from someone on your birthday?
- What gift would you like to give to your friend/family member on his/her birthday?
- Introduce the “months in a year”. Share the 12 months in a year with the children. Let them tell which month their birthday falls on.
- Charades. Let the children play “charades” acting out the activity that they want to do on their birthday. Their friends will guess.
- Write a “birthday card”. Encourage children to make a birthday card for their friend/family member and write their wishes for him/her.