“My Name is Not Refugee” is a book that introduces the concept of refugee to young readers.
Book Title: My Name is Not Refugee
Author: Kate Milner
Central Topic/Theme: Refugee/Migration
The little boy left his town with his mother because their place is not safe anymore.
Questions to ask
- What do you mean by “refugee”?
- Why did they leave their place?
- Where do you think they are going?
- What would you feel if you are in a different place?
- How would you help or what would you do if this boy went to your place?
- Drawing. Draw how would you help refugees if they went to your place.
- Art and Craft. Create something (e.g. bracelet, necklace, etc) that you would want to give to a refugee.
- Exploring a map. Through a map, let the children locate where refugees come from and where they are going. For example, locate Ukraine and Poland (Ukrainians flew to Poland) in the map.