I love cheese! Well, who doesn’t? However, as an Asian, I only know few kinds of cheese such as mozarella, cheddar, parmesan, among others.
Last week, I encountered six types of cheese that were new to me. These were the following:
1. Gruyere Reserve – a hard, yellow cheese from Switzerland
2. Drunken Goat – a goat cheese from Spain. It is white and soft with an acquired taste.
3. Lincolnshire Poacher – a hard unpasteurized cow’s milk cheese from England
4. Prima Donna – cheese from Netherlands
5. Mimolette – cheese traditionally produced from France with a distinct color.
6. Boer’n Trots – cheese from Netherlands. It is different to all other cheese because of its white spots.
Among all these cheese types, I like Boer’n Trots the most because it tastes very similar to “Carmelado”, a milk candy traditionally made of carabao’s milk and sugar from the province of Masbate, Philippines.
Watch the review of these six kinds of cheese here.