“My Shadow” is a perfect book to read as a springboard if your topic is on shadow.
Book Title: My Shadow
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Central Topic/Theme: Shadow
The little boy describes how his shadow looks like.
Questions to ask
- What is a “shadow”?
- How did the boy describe his shadow?
- Do you have a shadow all the time? When do you see your shadow?
- If you were a shadow, who do you want to follow?
- If you were to name your shadow, what would you name it?
- Catch a Shadow. Bring the children outside. Let them play “Catch a Shadow” whereby they are to chase their friends and step on one’s shadow.
- Drawing with a projector. Place a thing or an object in front of a projector. Let the children trace the shadow of the object on a piece of paper.
- Shadow Play. Using a white cloth and a light, let the children’s imagination run wild by creating stories using shadows behind the white cloth.