“The Happy Egg” is a story about a bird inside the egg who cannot do anything except to be sat on. Then one day, the egg popped! Out came a bird who can do almost anything!
Book Title: The Happy Egg
Author: Ruth Krauss
Central Topic/Theme: egg, bird
There is a little bird inside an egg. He cannot do anything, except to be sat on. One day, the egg hatched. Out came a bird. The bird can walk, sing and fly.
Questions to ask
- Why do you think the book was entitled “The Happy Egg”?
- Do you like to have a pet bird? Why?
- What can the bird do?
- How will you take care of the bird?
- If you will have a pet bird, what will you name it?
- Egg Shell Mosaic. Create a mosaic using egg shell.
- “Bird” Song and Dance. Play the song “Once I Saw a Little Bird”. Let the children sing and dance.
- Egg Experiment. Show the children how an egg can bounce by doing an egg in vinegar experiment. Watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c2pHhNPEmM