“Cancer Hates Kisses” is one of the rare books that raises awareness about “cancer”.
Book Title: Cancer Hates Kisses
Author: Jessica Reid Sliwerski
Central Topic/Theme: cancer
Mama is battling cancer. As she undergoes treatment, her children made her feel better by hugging and kissing her.
Questions to ask
- What is cancer?
- How do you feel when someone is sick?
- What did the children do to help their mother feel better?
- What would you do if someone is sick or not feeling better?
- If you are sick, what do you want others to do?
- Wig Making. Present different materials to the children such as strips of paper or string. Let them make a wig by choosing the materials that they want for their wig.
- Vocabulary Building. Unlock the words “radiation”, “surgery” and “chemotheraphy”.
- Write a “Get Well Soon” card for cancer patients. Create a “get well soon” card for cancer patients. Children, parents and teachers may send it to cancer patients in a hospital.