“The Halloween Tree” is a story about a tree who does not want to be a Christmas tree (while all the other trees dream to be a Christmas tree). Find out in this story why is that so!
Book Title: The Halloween Tree
Author: Susan Montanari
Central Topic/Theme: Halloween
While all the other trees wish to be a Christmas tree, there is a tree a who does not want to be one. The tree doesn’t like lights. The tree doesn’t like decorations. The tree doesn’t like people. What will happen to the tree?
Questions to ask
- Why does the Tree does not want to be a Christmas tree?
- What did the Tree become? Why?
- Did the tree like being a Halloween Tree? Why?
- If you were one of the trees, do you want to be a Christmas tree or a Halloween tree?
- How do you celebrate Halloween?
- Halloween Tree decoration. Using sticks or paper tree cut-outs, let children express their creativity by making their own version of Halloween Tree.
- Paper Halloween Witch Hat. Create a witch hat and let kids wear it on the day of your celebration. Watch the instruction in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEJa2WXiOdI.
- Spiderweb Halloween Decoration. It feels good when you see your room decorated with handmade materials. Let your child create a Halloween Spiderweb. Watch the instruction in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zh3Sjn38mk.