“I am peace” by Susan Verde is a book you can use to practice mindfulness in your class or at home with your children.
Book Title: I am Peace
Author/Illustrator: Susan Verde/Peter H Reynolds
Central Topic/Theme: mindfulness, peace
The child was worrying about his past and the future. He began to breathe, connect with the nature and say what he felt. Then, he began to have peace. He made a difference by sharing kindness and peace with others… hoping that they will share peace with others, too!
Questions to ask
- What was the boy feeling at the beginning of the story?
- What did the boy do?
- What do you do when you are worried?
- Practice meditation for one or two minutes with the children.
- Let the children complete the sentence “I am worried about _________________”.
- Create a gratitude journal.
Get this book from Amazon.com!