Thai banana pancake or what is locally known as roti gluay is a very popular dessert in Thailand.
When I had my vacation in Krabi, Thailand, I tried to order banana pancake in a restaurant. From then on, in every meal that I had, I would always order Thai banana pancake the whole time I was in Krabi.
There are many recipes online and video tutorials that will teach you how to prepare banana pancake. In fact, I have chanced upon the Hot Thai Kitchen’s video tutorial of how to cook Thai Banana Pancake. It’s a great video to watch. You can watch it here. She teaches how to make the dough from scratch up to the end product.
My variation is that, I did not create my own dough. I used the lumpia or popiah wrapper left during my previous cooking. (By the way, if you want to learn how to make lumpiah, click here. I will teach you the fastest and easiest way to create your own version of Thai banana pancake.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Cavendish banana
- lumpiah or popiah wrapper
- condensed milk
Here are the procedures in cooking Thai banana pancake:
- Slice one banana into circles.
- Take out one lumpiah or popiah wrapper.
- Put about 8 circle slices of banana in the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper to cover up all the bananas.
- Heat the pan and cook the wrapped banana.
- When it turns brown, flip to the other side.
- Add butter on the pancake to have a butter flavor.
- Take out from the pan and let it cool for a minute.
- After that, slice the pancake and topped it with banana pancake.
Now, you have your fastest and easiest and yummiest Thai banana pancake! Enjoy your dessert!