Lumpia, also known as popiah or spring roll, is a Filipino food that has many variations such as lumpiang shanghai, lumpiang sariwa (fresh lumpia) and lumpiang togue (bean sprouts).
At first, I thought, making lumpia is not difficult. However, when I tried preparing it, I said to myself that that might be the last that I would be preparing lumpia.
Cooking lumpia is laborious. But not only that, I find wrapping lumpia difficult. It needs certain skill that I still need to learn.
Here are the ingredients needed when preparing lumpia:
- lumpia wrapper
- minced pork
- sweet potato
- oyster sauce
- fish sauce or chicken cubes
- cooking oil
Here are the steps needed when preparing lumpia:
- Peel and slice all the ingredients. Take note that the ingredients should be cut like sticks.
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan.
- Saute garlic.
- When the garlic turns golden brown, add onion.
- After that, add the minced pork.
- Add sweet potato.
- Add carrots.
- Add potato.
- Add sayote.
- Add togue and cabbage.
- To add taste, put oyster sauce and fish sauce or chicken cubes.
- Let it cool down.
- Once it is no longer hot, use the spoon to put the mixed ingredients in the lumpia wrapper and wrap it.
- Start frying.
- Serve hot.
Enjoy your food!