“When Grandad was a Penguin” is a hilarious story, but will surely make readers and listeners wonder and be curious.
Book Title: When Grandad was a Penguin
Author: Morag Hood
Central Topic/Theme: Family/Grandad/Grandchild
The little girl spent her time in her grandpa’s place, only to find out that her grandpa was behaving a little different.
Questions to ask
- Where did the child go?
- Why did she think that her grandad seemed to be a little different?
- What happened to her grandad?
- Why do you think her grandad was in the zoo?
- Would you like to have a penguin as your grandad? Why?
- Use adjectives or descriptive words to describe a penguin. Create a mind map and allow children to write or throw in words that describe a penguin.
- Penguin collage. Let children make a collage of a penguin.
- Conduct simple research about “penguins”. Let children conduct a simple research about penguins answering the question/s “what do they eat”, “where do they live”, etc.