“How Do You Take a Bath?” is a good story to read to the children about bathing!
Book Title: How Do You Take a Bath?
Author: Kate McMullan
Central Topic/Theme: hygiene, self-care
This book shows how each animal bathe themselves. How about the boy? How did he bathe?
Questions to ask
- What is the story all about?
- How do the animals bathe themselves?
- How do you bathe yourself?
- Is it important to bathe or take a shower? Why?
- What other hygiene practices do you do to make yourself clean?
- Water Play. Children loves water play! Prepare a bucket with water and add some toys in it.
- Sequential drawing. Older children may draw the order of how they shower themselves.
- Show and Tell. Place in a basket some things that are used for showering or cleaning one self. Let children pick one and talk about it.