“A Homemade Together Christmas” delivers a message that not all presents should be bought; they can be made.
Book Title: A Homemade Together Christmas
Author: Maryann Cocca Leffler
Central Topic/Theme: Christmas
Luca’s family decided to give one another a homemade Christmas gift. Luca could not decide on what to make for his family members, so he asked each of them for an idea. Can you guess what homemade Christmas gift Luca will give to his family?
Questions to ask
- Who are the characters in the story?
- What did they plan to do?
- Did Luca have any idea on what to give for Christmas? What did he do to solve his problem?
- If you were Luca, what homemade Christmas present will you give your family?
- Aside from your family, who else will you give a present to? Why?
- Christmas Carols. Sing Christmas songs. You may use bells or other musical instruments to accompany the song.
- Christmas Homemade Present. Allow a child to think of a person he/she wants to receive a homemade Christmas present. Next, let him/her decide what present will he/she give. Then, provide materials for the child to make his/her Christmas gift.
- Letter for Santa. Let children write/draw (depending on their ability) the present they want to receive from Santa.