“Julius, the Baby of the World” is a story about having a new sibling. To jumpstart a conversation or to prepare your child to having a new baby sister or a baby brother, this is a good read.
Book Title: Julius, the Baby of the World
Author: Kevin Henkes
Central Topic/Theme: having a new sibling, family
When her baby brother was still in her mother’s tummy, Lily would share her things to him and do other good things to him. Things changed when Julius was born. Lily did not like Julius.
Questions to ask
- Who are the characters in the story?
- Why do you think Lily did not like her baby brother?
- Do you have a baby sister/brother?
- Do you like your baby brother/sister? Why?
- How do you show your love to your sibling?
- Sibling picture frame. Let the children create a picture frame for their sibling.
- Describe your sibling. Introduce adjectives to the children. Let them describe their brother/sister using descriptive words.
- Draw a picture. Let children draw their sibling.