“The Book of Mistakes” by Corinna Luyken is a story that teaches children not to fear making mistakes for mistakes create opportunity for inspiration.
Book Title: The Book of Mistakes
Author/Illustrator: Corinna Luyken
Central Topic/Theme: art, making mistakes
The drawing started with a mistake, but a beautiful work was completed at the end.
Questions to ask
- What were the “mistakes” mentioned in the story?
- What do you do when you make mistakes? Do you stop or give up what you’re doing?
- What is good about “mistakes”?
- Draw or paint a picture or an image.
- Create an “eyeglass” craft.
- Try skating at the park or play a balloon.