Champorado is a Filipino cuisine made of glutinous rice, coconut milk, sugar and cocoa powder. This is usually eaten in the morning for breakfast or during afternoon snack.
Here are the ingredients needed when cooking “champorado”:
- glutinous rice
- coconut milk
- cocoa powder
Here are the steps in cooking “champorado”:
- Wash glutinous rice with water.
- Bring glutinous rice with water to boil.
- Stir occasionally so the glutinous rice will not stick on the pot.
- Add coconut milk and stir together with the other ingredients.
- After five minutes, add the cocoa powder and stir. Make sure to dilute the cocoa powder first in the water before pouring it in the pot.
- Add sugar to taste.
Scoop “champorado” from the pot to your plate. You may add on condensed milk, evaporated milk or milk powder as toppings before eating it.
Enjoy your delicious meal!