What will you do if your supposed to be a happy day turned into a bad day?
Book Title: The Day Everything Went Wrong
Author/Illustrator: Moritz Petz/Amelie Jackowskie
Central Topic/Theme: mood
Badger wanted to give himself a treat and do all the things he enjoyed doing. However, miserable things happened at home, and so, he decided to visit his friends. Would his friends have the same day as him or a happy one? Would his day remain as miserable as it is or turn into beautiful one in the end?
Questions to ask
- What was the problem of Badger?
- What did he do to overcome his problem?
- Did his mood change? How?
- If you are in a bad mood because of a certain event that happened, what will you do to make you feel better?
- Create a face with the child’s current emotion (What’s your mood today?).
- Sing the song “Hello, Hello, How Are You?”
- Conduct a round robin for sharing of thoughts (What makes you sad? What makes you angry? etc)