‘The Giving Tree” is a famous book for children. It shows a very giving tree.
Book Title: The Giving Tree
Author/Illustrator: Shel Silverstein
Central Topic/Theme: Sharing, tree
The boy has loved the tree. He enjoyed climbing on its trunk and swinging on its branches. The tree always gave the boy what he wants starting when he was young until he was old. What a selfless tree it was!
Questions to ask
- What did the tree give to the boy?
- If you were the boy, would you keep on coming back to the tree and ask what the boy asked?
- How will you describe the boy? How will you describe the tree?
- Make a tree craft using recycled materials (e.g. tissue rolls).
- Write a “thank you” letter to the tree.
- Have a Nature Walk. Observe the trees and have some exchange of ideas.