“Be Kind” is a book you can use as a springboard if you want to teach your children about kindness.
Book Title: Be Kind
Author/Illustrator: Pat Zietlow Miller/Jen Hill
Central Topic/Theme: Kindness
Tanisha spilled her grape juice, and everyone laughed. However, the girl remembered what her mom always told her – to be kind. Find out what she did to make Tanisha feel better!
Questions to ask
- What did the other children do when Tanisha spilled her grape juice? Would you do the same?
- What will you do when you see other children laughing at your friend?
- How do you show kindness to your friends or other people?
- Make a “kindness” bracelet and give to a friend.
- Write a “thank you” letter and give to a friend who has been kind.
- Draw a picture of one “kind” thing that they want to do from now on.