“Kissed by the Moon” is a bedtime story about a baby and his interaction with the world.
Book Title: Kissed by the Moon
Author: Alison Lester
Central Topic/Theme: Bedtime story, Baby
A mother’s wish for her baby as he interacts in his new world.
Questions to ask
- What is the story all about?
- Who is narrating in the story?
- What is the mother’s wish for her baby?
- How old do you think is the baby? Why?
- If you were to have one wish, what would it be?
- Designing a diaper. Let children draw a diaper and have them design it. Or instead of drawing a diaper, the children can draw their designs on a real diaper.
- Sing a lullaby. Allow children to identify a lullaby song and let them sing it.
- Charades. Prepare several pieces of paper. On one piece, write one activity that a baby does (e.g. eat, roll, crawl, babble, etc). Do the rest for all the pieces of paper prepared. Ask one child to pick one piece of paper and act out what is written on it. Let the other children guess.