“Chicken in Space” is a story about an ambitious chicken who plans to go to the space. Do you think she will be able to achieve it?
Book Title: Chicken in Space
Author: Adam Lehrhaupt
Central Topic/Theme: Farm animals
Zoey wants to go to the space. She invites everyone to go with her to space. Will they go with Zoey?
Questions to ask
- Who are the characters in the story?
- What is the goal of Zoey?
- Was she able to achieve her plan? How?
- Who went with Zoey to the space?
- Would you like to go to the space? Why?
- Vocabulary Building. Unpack the words “space”, “asteroids”, “comets” and “aliens” with the children.
- Spaceship art and craft. Let the children make a “spaceship” art and craft using colored papers and recycled items.
- Farm animals origami. Create an origami of chicken, pig and/or other farm animals.