“The Sister Book” is a book about sisters and how one’s sister is different from another’s sister.
Book Title: The Sister Book
Author: Todd Parr
Central Topic/Theme: Family, Sibling
Sisters are different from one another. Some sisters have long hair, some sisters have no hair. But no matter what your sisters are or no matter what they have, they are a special part of your family!
Questions to ask
- Are all sisters the same?
- Do you have a sister? Describe your sister.
- How many siblings do you have?
- What do you like about your siblings?
- What do you like to do with your sister/brother/family?
- Draw Your Sister/Brother. Let the children draw their sister/brother using different art media.
- Show and Tell. Let children show and talk about their sister’s/brother’s favorite toy/stuff.
- Talk about “differences” or “uniqueness”. Encourage children to talk about their uniqueness or their sibling’s uniqueness.