Deepavali or Diwali is a Hindu celebration that lasts for four to five days. It is known as the Festival of Lights as it signifies the triumph of light over darkness, good over evil and knowledge over ignorance.
Here is a simple art and craft that you may do with your children to celebrate this colorful occasion:
- recyclable container (yogurt)
- crepe paper
- metallic gift tie
- pen knife
- Cut crepe paper with an inch wide. Twist it.
- Put glue all over the yogurt container. Stick the twisted crepe paper around.
- Fold and twist two metallic gift ties and make it into a flame.
- Make a slit at the bottom of the container using a pen knife.
- Slot in the “flame”.
Voila! Now, you have made your own Deepavali lamp!