Many people are getting busier and busier and they do not have the time for themselves. Your greatest asset is yourself. So, give yourself a time to stay still for at least ten minutes every single day. One paradox in life is if you want to get more done, slow down. By doing meditation, you are unloading your mind to give space for new, creative thoughts.
Here are the five easy ways you should do when planning to do your meditation:
1. Find a quiet place to meditate. A place away from distraction is a good to meditate. Look for a corner in your house where it is free from noise and disturbance.
2. Start to meditate with one minute. If you are new to meditation, you might feel odd closing your eyes and sit in stillness. You might think that you cannot finish meditating for 10 or 20 minutes. Do not worry! You may start meditating with one minute. When you feel comfortable with it, you may gradually increase the number of minutes you are meditating.
3. Play a calming and relaxing music while doing your meditation. To be more relaxed, play a soothing music while you are doing your meditation. There are many meditation music in YouTube that you can use.
4. Smile and be aware of your breathing while doing meditation. While doing meditation, it is important to smile because it releases stress and it relaxes you. Additionally, you have to focus on your breathing as this helps anchor your mind.
5. Have a mantra to focus back your mind. When your mind starts to wander, recite a mantra to make you go back to relaxing your mind. A mantra can be any positive words that you want to tell yourself like “I am happy”, “I am blessed”, “I am beautiful”, “I am confident” and many more.