“Christmas Cheer for the Grouchy Ladybug” is a story about how a grouchy ladybug turns to a “happy” ladybug for “Christmas” means “joy for all”.
Book Title: Christmas Cheer for the Grouchy Ladybug
Author: Eric Carle
Central Topic/Theme: Christmas
“Christmas” means “joy for all”. Do you think the grouchy ladybug will turn to a “happy” ladybug?
Questions to ask
- What does “Christmas” mean?
- When do we celebrate Christmas?
- Did the grouchy ladybug become happy? Why did you say so?
- What do you think make the ladybug happy?
- What makes you happy during Christmas?
- Christmas Jingle. Sing Christmas songs. You may use bells or other musical instruments to accompany the song.
- Christmas Tree craft. Create a Christmas tree using a paper plate.
- Christmas Ball painting. Let the children paint a styro ball. Hang it on a Christmas tree as a decoration.