Chicken tinola or “tinolang manok” is a Filipino version of chicken soup. The main ingredients for this dish are chicken and green papaya. Usually, it is serve as main course of a meal paired with rice.
Here are all the ingredients needed in cooking chicken tinola:
- green papaya
- green leafy vegetable (chye sim or others)
- fish sauce
Here is the procedure in cooking chicken tinola:
1. Heat the pan. Add oil.
2. Saute garlic, onion and ginger.
3. Add chicken until it is mildly cooked.
4. Add water and bring to boil.
5. Add papaya.
6. When papaya and chicken are almost cooked, add the green leafy vegetable.
7. Add fish sauce to taste.
Serve hot when all the ingredients are already cooked.
Enjoy your meal! Happy cooking!