“Adobong atay” or chicken liver adobo is a Filipino recipe. This food is good for those who are anemic as the chicken liver is rich in iron.
Here are the ingredients needed when cooking “adobong atay” or chicken liver adobo:
- chicken liver
- hard-boiled egg (optional)
- soy sauce
Here are the steps needed when cooking “adobong atay” or chicken liver adobo.
- Marinate chicken liver in soy sauce, vinegar and pepper for at least a hour.
- After marinating, heat the oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, fry the chicken liver or “atay”.
- After frying the chicken liver, set it aside.
- Add a bit of oil in the pan if it is not enough.
- Saute the garlic until it turns light brown.
- Add the fried chicken liver.
- Add the sauce used during the marination and let it boil.
- When it started to boil, add a bit of sugar to balance the taste.
- Add the egg (optional).
Enjoy your iron-rich food!