Arroz caldo, also known as goto, congee, lugaw or porridge, is a Filipino food that is made up of rice, chicken, egg, garlic and ginger. It is eaten in the morning for breakfast or during snack time.
Here are the ingredients needed when cooking arroz caldo:
- fish sauce
- hard-boiled egg (optional)
Here are the steps in cooking arroz caldo:
- Wash 1 cup of rice, and then, add 3 cups of water in a pot.
- Bring to boil and until the rice is cooked. Set aside.
- Take another pot and heat it. Put cooking oil.
- When ready, saute garlic, onion and ginger.
- Add the chicken.
- When the chicken is a bit cooked, add the rice and mix together.
- Add fish sauce for taste.
Serve it hot. You may put it in a deep plate or a bowl. Garnish it with scallion. You may also want to add pepper. It is all up to you on what kind of taste you prefer.
Enjoy your delicious arroz caldo!