After baking cupcakes successfully, I became motivated to do some more baking. My friend and I baked moist banana muffins. We followed the recipe from thediylighthouse.com. Below is the recipe that we had:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line muffin baking tin with baking paper cups.
- Mix all ingredients in Bowl #1.
- Mix all ingredients in Bowl #2.
- Fold the mixture from Bowl #1 to Bowl #2.
- Fill each muffin cups with muffin batter.
- Put in the oven.
My friend and I exactly followed the recipe, except that we reduced the amount of sugar. Also, we were not able to get very ripe bananas. However, the muffins turned out well. Still a bit sweet to my taste, but the texture was perfect because I liked it soft. We forgot to add eggs, but this made the texture better. If you like smooth texture, do not add too much eggs. More eggs will make the texture rubbery or spongy. Another tip is having muffin tin is a must! We only had baking paper cups, and this was so flimsy making our muffin a bit of deformed.
Overall, the muffin we baked was great! The absence of eggs made it better! Next time I will cook this same recipe, I will not add eggs.