“The Color Monster” is a story about different emotions such as happiness, sadness, anger, fear, and calm. This is a good story to make children talk about their feelings.
Book Title: The Color Monster
Author/Illustrator: Anna Llenas
Central Topic/Theme: colors, emotions
The Color Monster woke up with mixed emotions. The girl advised him to put each of his emotion in a jar. Each emotion is represented by a color. At the end of the day, the Color Monster felt calm and peaceful.
Questions to ask
- What are the emotions that the Color Monster have?
- What emotions do you have right now?
- What do you do when you are happy? When you are sad? etc
- Make a craft for different emotions using a paper plate.
- Sing the song “If you’re happy and you know it”.
- Play a variation of the game “Simon Says”. When you say “happy”, the child should do an action that she does when she is happy. Same for sad, angry and other emotions.
Get this book from Amazon.com!